The Last Prophet and Messenger Against Al-Nabahani and Followers: The True and Real Reason for Tyrannical Rulers and Their Oppression|
Posted by Abu.Iyaad on Saturday, April, 14 2012 and
filed under The Rulers & Rulership
The following hadeeth cuts through the fabric of 20th century "fikr" (that borrowed its practical methodologies from Marxism and Communism), tears it to pieces, and rips it into shreds - it is the hadeeth of Abdullah bin Umar (radiallaahu anhu) - and it is a sword amongst the unsheathed swords of Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah against the Ash'ari, Mu'tazili Kalaam heretics who brought turmoil into the Ummah with their vile hizbiyyah and vile party-politics, bringing fake and corrupt so-called methodologies of rectification which are nothing but the practical elements of the ideologies of secular atheist Jews (Marx, Lenin etc.) - that of revolution in the name of social justice.
So here is that sword...
عن عبد الله بن عمر رضي الله عنهما قال: أقبل علينا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال يا معشر المهاجرين، خمس إذا ابتليتم بهن وأعوذ بالله أن تدركوهن: لم تظهر الفاحشة في قوم قط حتى يعلنوا بهاإلا فشا فيهم الطاعون والأوجاع التي لم تكن مضت في أسلافهم الذين مضوا، ولم ينقصواالمكيال والميزان إلا أخذوا بالسنين وشدة المؤونة وجور السلطان عليهم، ولم يمنعوا زكاة أموالهم إلا منعوا القطر من السماء ولولا البهائم لم يمطروا، ولم ينقضوا عهد الله وعهد رسوله إلا سَلط الله عليهم عدوا من غيرهم فأخذوا بعض ما كان في أيديهم ، وما لم تحكم أئمتهم بكتاب الله عز وجل ويتحروا فيما أنزل الله إلا جعل الله بأسهم بينهم.
From Abdullah bin Umar (radiallaahu anhumaa) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) turned to us and said: "O gathering of the emigrants, there are five (matters), when you are tried by them, and I seek refuge in Allaah that you reach them:
- Never does obscenity (al-faahishah) become maniest amongst a people such that they make it open except that plagues and disease afflict them that had never appeared in their ancestors who have passed (before them).
- And never do they cheat in the weights and measures except that they are taken with years of harship and severe lack of food and the tyranny of the ruler upon them.
- And never do they withhold the zakah from their wealth except that they are prevented from the rain from the sky and had it not been for the animals, they would never have been given rain (thereafter).
- And never do they break the covenant of Allaah and the covenant of His Messenger except that Allaah empowers an enemy over them from those besides them, and thus they (the enemy) take that which used to be in their possession.
- And so long as their leaders do not rule by the Book of Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, and intentfully seek out in that which Allaah revealed, except that Allaah creates turmoil (splitting, aggression, fighting) between them.
This hadeeth was related by Ibn Maajah (4019), al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak (4/583), and al-Tabarani in al-Awsat (5/61-62), and it is declared Hasan by Shaykh al-Albani (rahimahullaah). And ahaadeeth with the same meaning are related by Ibn Abbaas and Jaabir bin Abdillaah (radiallaahu anhum).
The statement of the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam), (ولم ينقصواالمكيال والميزان إلا أخذوا بالسنين وشدة المؤونة وجور السلطان عليهم), "And never do they cheat in the weights and measures except that they are taken with years of harship and severe lack of food and the tyranny of the ruler upon them", could not have been given a better commentary and explanation than the saying of Ibn al-Qayyim (see here), as occurs in Miftah Dar al-Sa'aadah (2/177 onwards):
And reflect upon His, the Most High's wisdom, in empowering the enemy over the servants when their strong ones oppress the weak one's (amongst them) and [when] the right of the oppressed is not taken back from the oppressor, [reflect on] how [an enemy] is empowered over them who does to them what they do to those under their responsibility and their weak ones, like (for like). And this is the Sunnah of Allaah, the Exalted, ever since the world was established until the Earth is rolled up and is returned just as it was originated (the first time around).
And reflect in His, the Most High's wisdom in making the kings of the servants, their leaders and their rulers to be of the same species as the actions [of the servants]. Rather, it is as if their actions became manifest in the appearances of their rulers and kings.
- If they remain upright, then their kings will remain upright, and if they turn away (from uprightness), then they (the kings) too will turn away from uprightness.
- And if they (the servants) oppress [themselves and others], then their kings and rulers will oppress [them].
- And if their appears plotting and deception from them, their rulers will [be made to] behave likewise, and if they (the servants) prevent the rights of Allaah that are between themselves and become miserly with respect to them (i.e. withhold the rights of each other), then their kings and their rulers will withhold the right that they (the servants) have upon them and will become miserly with respect to them.
- And if they take from the one who is considered weak, what they do not deserve to take from him in their dealings (i.e. misappropriate from him), then the kings will take from them (the servants) what they do not deserve to take (from them) and will inflict them with taxes.
- And everything that they (the servants) take away from the weak person, the kings will take away from them with power, force.
So their actions (those of the servants) become manifest in their actions (those of the kings and rulers). And it is not from the Divine wisdom that the evil-doers and the sinners are made to be ruled over [by anyone] except by one who is of their like.
From the above, we gather that al-Nabahani (and Qutb and Mawdudi) are all disputants to revelation and to the last and final Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) in that they made revolutions (each one bringing his own flavour of revolution) against tyrannical rule to be the ultimate methodology of rectification. In reality, they simply borrowed from one of the major ideologies of the day (revolution in order to establish social jsutice), that of the Marxists and Communists, and entered it into their field of so-called Islamic activity, and then they innovated principles and methodologies around it to make it more palatable to the Muslim masses. However, the light of revelation, "al-wahy" - in opposition to this "fikr" (ideology) - tells us an altogether different reality as is clear. So whoever made his perception to be based upon this "fikr" which in reality is simply a distillation of the ideas of the non-Muslims in the minds of ignorant 20th century so-called "Islamic thinkers" and ignored the guidance given to him by the Messenger Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) then he is in the mires of misguidance and he is a contender to the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam).